April 8, 2012

Easter, Autism, Good Deeds and The Lorax

Happy Easter, everyone!  It has been a whirlwind of a day, putting the finishing touches on Easter baskets, helping the bunny hide eggs, cooking and baking and, of course, dyeing eggs.  The best part of the day was spending time with my family.

I love a story with a happy ending.  My sweet son, who happens to have autism, does not ask for much.  This year he wanted a stuffed Lorax from the Easter Bunny.  I googled, made phone calls,...to no avail.  I asked for help on Facebook and my high school friend, Dave, came to the rescue.  He found the last Lorax baby on the planet and mailed it to me.  What an incredibly kind thing to do.  Thank you, Dave! 


Someone ate all of his candy in three-and-a-half minutes.


My amazing daughter surprised me with lovely yellow roses.


Finding the first egg is the best feeling!


Realizing there is money inside all of the eggs also feels pretty darn good.


 Taking inventory.



We punched out different shapes from full-sheet adhesive labels that we applied to the eggs before dyeing.  We then removed the stickers after dyeing.  Nifty!




 World's best Easter egg decorator.




Happy Easter to all!


~Merrill

No comments: