April 23, 2012

Meatless Monday: Fresh and Fast Edamame Dip

This is a super fast (five minutes or less), easy recipe.  The perfect thing to throw together when friends drop by.  I made it with all ingredients that I had on hand.  Yummy and fresh tasting!  


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed (I buy mine already shelled)
  • 8 ounces soft goat cheese (I bought mine at Costco, natch!)
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 1 t. lemon zest, minced (read about my favorite zester HERE)
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 t. wasabi paste (comes in a tube in the Asian section of the grocery store - see photo below)
  • 1/2 t. black pepper
  • Pinch of salt (taste and add gradually)
 

DIRECTIONS

Whizz all ingredients, except for salt, in food processor.  Taste and add salt as needed.  Scoop into bowl and serve with cut up veggies and/or crackers, pita chips, whatever strikes your fancy!  If you have a garden, you're made in the shade.  Enjoy! 

Click HERE to check out all of my Meatless Monday recipes.

~Merrill

No comments: