October 8, 2012

A Birthday Tea Party

There is nothing like royal tea for two to celebrate a gal pal's birthday.  Robin and I met when our girls were young and would ride their scooters up and down the street.  The scooters are long gone, but we have remained close friends.  Robin is kind, supportive and always game to taste test any of my latest creations.  She is coming over tonight for slow cooker chicken tikka masala.  When I learned that my matchbox goodies were featured in Brides Magazine, Robin shared in my excitement by helping me find the first available copy in town.    

  
Royal Tea for Two at Simpson House Tea Room included two pots of tea, soup, salad, tea sandwiches, scones and dessert.  Yum!


There were so many teas from which to choose.  After much discussion, it was Georgia peach for me and orange for Robin.  Pictured below are the pink sparkly glasses (I love them!) my beloved bought me at a street fair during my birthday trip to New York City


The soup and salads were just the right size.


Why don't I make tea sandwiches at home?  They're delightful!  The chicken salad on a croissant was scrumptious.


A tower of treats!  We asked that the scones be wrapped to take home so we could save room for dessert.


We finished our tea party with lemon pound cake, and also vanilla ice cream topped with a fresh strawberry sauce.  I'm pretty sure that most everything goes better with a dollop of whipped cream on top.


The proprietor was lovely.


Robin and I thoroughly enjoyed her birthday tea party.


For a special treat, we highly recommend Simpson House Tea Room


 Cheers!

~Merrill  
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great way to celebrate a birthday!

MERRILL WEBER ART said...

Thanks, Tonia. It was lovely!